Home → Child Nutrition
The Maine Department of Education supports several federal programs for the health and well-being of Maine's children and youth. Resources for school food service professionals as well as access to guidance and regulatory information is provided here to support these programs.
- Child Nutrition Programs. The agency oversees several USDA Food and Nutrition Services programs and initiatives that provide healthy food to children as well as projects that support and provide resources to provide local foods to local schools.
- Online Claims. Portions of the new reimbursement system have been launched for school food service professionals and administrators.
- Review Information. Child nutrition programs are monitored to assure that federal and state regulations and rules are met and that funds are lawfully spent.
- Forms. Forms for use in daily operations and management of school food programs including free and reduced application, production records and review forms.
- Data & Reporting. Links to school food service reimbursement reports, food distribution reports, direct certification list and verification form.
- Financial. Financial information for all federal child nutrition programs overseen by the Department including income guidelines, reimbursement rates and expenses.
- Laws and Regulations. Information on current federal regulations, Maine laws, and links to USDA memorandums.
- Resources. Links to program handbooks and manuals, upcoming events and trainings, and guidance including information on accomodating children with special dietary needs.
- Community Eligibility Provision
- Child and Adult Care Food Program The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded nutrition program through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Services (FNS)
Child Nutrition Specialist