Maine Educational Assessment for Science
The Maine Educational Assessment (MEA) for Science is administered at grades 5, 8, and third year high school to measure the science standards of the Maine Learning Results. MEA Science for high school is scheduled for 4/2/18 - 4/13/18. MEA Science for grades 5 & 8 scheduled for 4/23/18 - 5/4/18.
The 2016-17 MEA Science Test Results are found in the Maine Assessment and Accountability Reporting System (MAARS).
The following pages contain information and support materials for the 2016-17 administration of the MEA for Science assessment.
- Professional Development & Training includes tutorials and previously recorded webinars and/or presentations
- Resources & Support Materials includes tools and resources to help schools as they prepare to administer the MEA for Science
- Test Administration includes user guides and manuals
- Test Results includes test results from previous years and a link to the Data Warehouse
Special Consideration Request
This process is intended to be used in the rare instances when a student cannot participate in either instruction or assessment. In these cases, a request for State approval of non-participation must be made. The State-approved reasons for allowing non-participation fall within four broad areas outlined in the portal.
- NEO Login
- Special consideration Webinar (16 mins)
- Special Consideration Training Slide Deck
- Special Consideration Instructions / Cheat Sheet