Literacy for ME: Maine's Comprehensive State Literacy Plan
Literacy for ME unifies the efforts of several state agencies and community groups as well as Maine’s public schools to provide direction and support to improve literacy achievement. Increasing demands for a variety of literacy skills and rapidly changing technology that affects how we work and how we communicate have combined to highlight the need to modify our perceptions of literacy, literacy instruction and the role of literacy in our daily lives.
- Navigate the plan index with links to all sections
- View or download the complete plan
- View or download a summary of the plan (PDF, 48KB)
Read to ME Challenge
- Read to ME Challenge. Public awareness campaign to promote childhood literacy in Maine.
- State Literacy Team Members 2014-16 (RTF, 46KB)
- State Literacy Team Members 2012-14 (DOC 19KB)
- State Literacy Team Members 2010-12
- Watch a video recording of the Literacy for ME launch in Lewiston*
- View or download a transcript from the event. (PDF, 45KB)
- Learn more about establishing a literacy team in your community.
For more information, contact Lee Anne Larsen, Literacy Specialist for the Maine DOE.
*This presentation is in Flash format. In order to view the presentation, you will need to have the Adobe Flash Player loaded on your computer. Most PCs are already equipped with this program; if your computer does not have the Flash Player, or you wish to upgrade, you can download the program for free. This is a fast and safe download directly from Adobe.