The Maine Department of Education encourages and supports the continuous learning of all Maine educators. How schools integrate technology is entirely a local decision, however, the Department offers professional learning that educators may find helpful as they support students. Educators can participate in a variety of different opportunities, such as in-person events, webinars, or online learning programs.
The Technology and Learning team will be offering a number of opportunities throughout the 2018 - 2019 school year:
- Learning from Online Learning: All educators are welcome to join online learning communities led by Maine educators who will facilitate learning related to badge or certification that can improve educational technology skills. Offerings for Fall 2018 are open now!
- BrightBytes Technology and Learning Survey: All districts have access to the BrightBytes Technology and Learning Survey, as well as the Clarity platform, which can be used to analyze results and develop research-based action plans for better technology integration. BrightBytes will offer in-person events and webinars to support educators. Educators with a variety of roles are encouraged to work as a school or district team in order to achieve greater impact.
- Learning Design Leaders: Maine educators who successfully design learning experiences that leverage technology for better student learning outcomes will share models from their practice in a variety of different formats and will help build a network of Maine educators who can learn from each other.
In designing the professional learning opportunities for the upcoming school year, the Technology and Learning team reviewed a good bit of data and talked with a number of educators about summaries of that data. You can view this information as well:
- 2016 - 2017 BrightBytes Technology and Learning Survey Results Summary
- 2017 Fall Technology Professional Learning Survey Summary
Digital Learning Specialist