Criminal justice programs prepare individuals to perform the duties of police and public security officers, including patrol and investigative activities, traffic control, crowd control and public relations, witness interviewing, evidence collection and management, basic crime prevention methods, weapon and equipment operation and maintenance, report preparation and other routine law enforcement responsibilities.
Firefighting and related protective service programs focus on the principles and procedures for providing homeland security, police, fire and other safety services and managing penal institutions.
Maine Certified Industry Standards
- CIP 43.0107 Ciminal Justice/Police Science
- CIP 43.0203 and CIP 43.0000 Fire Science/Fire-Fighting
- Maine Fire Training, Firefighter 1 and 2
- CIP 51.0904 Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Standards and Competencies (DOC, 81KB)
- Maine Fire Service Institute
- Fire Fighter Standards (DOC, 215KB)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- EMT Standards and Competencies (DOC, 129KB)