The auto body program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, reconstruct and finish automobile bodies, fenders, and external features. The auto body program includes instruction in structure analysis, damage repair, non-structural analysis, mechanical and electrical components, plastics and adhesives, painting and refinishing techniques, and damage analysis and estimating.
Maine Certified Industry Standards for CIP 47.0603
- National Automobile Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Painting & Refinishing
- NATEF Non-Structural Analysis and Damage Repair
- Auto Body: Painting and Refinishing Standards and Competencies (DOC, 42KB) updated August 2017
- Auto Body: Non-Structural Standards and Competencies (DOC, 43KB) updated August 2017
- Collision Repair & Refinish Technician Training Accreditation Program (external link, 85 page PDF)