The Maine Career Clusters framework is comprised of 10 career clusters and related career pathways to help students explore different career options and better prepare for college and career. The career clusters and related career pathways serve as an organizing tool for the state, communities, centers and regions to develop more effective programs of study and curriculum.
The following 10 career clusters, along with the career and technical education (CTE) special needs category, organize the programs offered at CTE schools.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Architecture, Construction & Manufacturing
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- Business Management, Administration, Finance, Marketing, Sales & Service
- CTE Employability Skills
- Education & Public Services
- Health & Human Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Public Safety & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) & Information Technology