For distance learning resources, go to https://www.maine.gov/doe/continuityoflearning/science
In Maine, how schools implement standards is entirely a local decision. The Maine Department of Education has compiled the following state and national resources that educators may find helpful as part of our commitment to supporting Maine's learning community.
- Cross Discipline Literacy Network Science Webinars. This series of three webinars in the science strand outlines the connections of science practices to literacy goals of the updated Maine Learning Results and provides teaching strategies to support literacy through the practices.
- Getting to Proficiency: Helping Maine Graduate Every Student Prepared. The Maine DOE provides technical assistance, resources and guidance for school districts to implement the proficiency-based diploma and to do so in a way that promotes student learning and achievement of the Maine Learning Results.
- Laboratory Safety. Offers information about regulations and resources related to classroom science safety.
- Maine Education Rules Documents. Maine Rules related to science and technology academic standards include Chapter 125, Basic Approval Standards: Public School and School Administrative Units, and Chapter 127, Instruction Program, Assessment and Diploma Requirements.
- Maine Science Organizations. A list of Maine science and technology/engineering organizations that support related K-12 education.
- Science Resources That Support Proficiency-Based Education. A collection of publications and links which identify standards, instruction and assessment resources for science education.