The Maine Schoolsite Health Promotion Program presents the 2019 WINTER WELLNESS WORKSHOP DAY!
A program of the Maine Department of Education
Click here to register now! Please note that the Maine Dept. of Education now requires credit card payment for all workshops. If this is an issue please contact Cristina.email@example.com and reference this workshop.
When: Friday, March 1 from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Senator Inn in Augusta (Directions)
SHAPE America National Conference April 9-13, 2019 Tampa, FL
Online Learning Opportunities
- University of Maine at Farmington (UMF) LibGuides for Health. These health-related links were compiled by Laurie MacWhinnie, head of reference services at UMF. Click on the course or content area and use the tabs across the top of the pages to find related web resources, books, articles, etc.
- SHE 233: Teaching Health in Elementary Schools. Recommended web resources for teaching health topics and tips for evaluating information from the web.
- SHE 330: Foundations of School Health. Recommended resources for researching and developing a coordinated school health program.
- SHE 433/533: Curriculum and Methods in School Health Education. Recommended resources for school health curriculum, coordinated school health programs and professional resources on the web for health educators.
- Physical Education Online Programs/Classes. PE Central has compiled this list of online physical education courses for professionals.
- Professional Preparation Manual. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention put together this free training guide, "Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT): A Guide for Physical Education Teacher Preparation Programs in Institutions of Higher Education," to help future physical education teachers understand how they can use the PECAT to analyze and improve physical education curricula.
Health Education and Health Promotion Coordinator
Coordinated School Health Team