Create a summer activity calendar with a variety of experiences in which students can participate. Use a blank calendar template to offer an idea for each day. Below are examples of ideas that could frame themes and/or content on which calendars could focus as well as pre-created calendars for reference. Keep calendars simple and engaging for families.
- Sing and Dance calendar with links to songs, lyrics, Go Noodle videos etc.
- STEM – choice board/calendar that may include phenomenon based exploratory ideas. Could include cooking, outdoor exploration, weather, paper airplanes, observations, virtual field trips, etc.
- Get Messy Calendar – paint, play in the dirt, etc.
- Literacy Calendar – phonics, spelling, retelling, story sequence, etc.
- Grade level/Content area choice boards.
- I Spy Summer Alphabet Calendar
Great Schools Calendars for Grades K-5--calendars with 4 weeks of activities across multiple content areas.
Early Elementary Daily Calendars—constructed for Pre-K but very appropriate for K and grade 1.
Summer Learning Calendars—from 2020, but available for K-Middle school and in both English and Spanish
For the summer of 2020, LaGrange Illinois District 105 developed summer learning calendars in English and Spanish for grades K-8. Below you will see a screen shot of the kindergarten calendar. Looking at these calendars may help guide in calendar development.