Take the Harvest of the Month Pledge!
To participate in Harvest of the Month (HOM), districts/schools pledge to:
- Serve the local HOM product at least 2x per month (local = Maine grown or caught)
- Display promotional HOM materials provided by DOE
- Track local purchases
- Take a short survey
- Conduct educational activities, such as taste tests or incorporation into classroom lessons
- Send monthly updates (photos and stories, which may be featured in our newsletters, website, social media)
We will provide you with:
- Printed marketing materials (IE: posters, recipe cards, stickers)
- Program training and ongoing technical support, as needed
- Monthly newsletter
- Recognition in participating in HOM
Harvest of the Month Webinar
HOM Training Q&A's
You asked and we answered! Here are answers to the most asked questions during our Harvest of the Month trainings this spring, addressing sourcing, evaluation, and more.
Local Produce Fund
Get more local produce with the Local Produce Fund. You can get reimbursed $1 for every $3 spent on local produce (up to $1,000 per year while funds are available)
Learn more about the Local Produce Fund and download the claim form.