The Maine Department of Education has compiled the following professional development resources for educators' consideration.
National & Statewide Resources
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Maine Educators of the Gifted & Talented
- National Association for Gifted & Talented Children
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
Courses for Educators
- Maine Educators of the Gifted & Talented. Compiles a list of upcoming university courses related to gifted and talented education.
- New England Institute for Teacher Education. Check listing for courses approved for gifted and talented endorsement.
- University of Maine at Farmington. Check annual listing of outreach courses.
- University of Maine. Contact Phyllis Thibodeau at 207-581-2433.
- University of Southern Maine. Check annual and quarterly course listings.
- Giftedness Knows No Boundaries. Micro-credentials program provides an opportunity for states, districts, and schools to support educators as they implement high-leverage strategies and practices that support the unique learning needs of gifted and talented children from diverse backgrounds.
- Resources for school, home, and community. Provided by National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC).