Maine Department of Education Data Helpdesk
MDOE Data Management Systems Summer Training
Maine Department of Education Data Team is holding their annual summer training. The training focus this year will be on tips and resources to assist districts with their data reporting and viewing/certifying their reports. This has been a challenging year for those in the field as well as the Department with a new Student Information System, Synergy, and several new data reporting requirements. Our session this year will be focused on sharing resources to assist districts with the data tasks required.
Training Dates and Locations
- August 7, Caribou High School
- August 8, Ellsworth Elementary/Middle School
- August 9, Brewer High School
- August 20, Cony High School (Augusta)
- August 21, Mt. Ararat Middle School (Topsham)
- August 22, Mt. Blue High School (Farmington)
- August 23, Gorham High School All sessions will begin will registration at 8:30, presentations beginning at 9. We will serve a light lunch and will finish no later than 4:00. Coffee and water will also be provided throughout the day.
Topics for the day:
- Recap of systems – NEO and DC&R
- Where to find helpful resources
- Maine Schools and School Approval changes
- Entering Staff information
- Synergy – Manual and Uploads
- Graduation requirements and reporting
- Student Reports – where to find them and how to utilize them
- Behavior, Truancy and Attendance – importance of these reports and important resources
- How student and staff data is used for EPS and Accountability
To register for the training, please go to Summer 2018 Training RegistrationMore Details
Current System Updates & Issues
|Last Updated||Updates / Issues||System||Report / Upload||Issue||Priority|
|July 17, 2018||Issue||NEO||Accountability Report - Certification||The certify button on the Accountability Certification Report is currently grayed out for Superintendents. - Resolved
|July 13, 2018||Update||Synergy||2018-2019 Enrollments||The 2018-2019 school year has not been opened yet in Synergy to enroll students. We will update this message when districts can start enrolling students.
|June 26, 2018||Update||NEO||End of Year Checklist||An End of Year Checklist was sent out through the DOE newsroom to assist districts with publicly funded students in completing required end of year reports.