Home → Commissioner's Conference
2018 Commissioner's Conference
The Maine Department of Education looks forward to working with you during the 107th Annual Commissioner’s Conference for Superintendents, June 27 - 28 at the Augusta Civic Center in Augusta.
Developed in collaboration with the Maine School Superintendents Association, this year’s working agenda is attached below, highlights include:
- Keynote speaker Duke Albanese - The highly esteemed speaker, consultant and former Commissioner of Education for the Great State of Maine will deliver a powerful message called "Fulfilling the Dream of a Prosperous Maine: Getting There Requires a Focus on Education and Effective Leadership for Learning, Citizenship, and Opportunities for All Maine Students".
- Discussion and meeting topics including: Career and Technical Education, Student Health/Safety, Educator Workforce, Certification, Regionalization, and much more!
- The Annual Awards & Recognition Banquet
- Register here
- 2-day – Wednesday and Thursday - $170.00
- 1-day – Wednesday (6/27) - $105.00
- 1-day – Thursday (6/28) - $65.00
- Agenda (Including Session Descriptions)
- Registration Form
- Guest Registration
- Lodging Options
- Duke Albanese Bio
Registrations are limited to School Officials, Educational Organization staff, Higher Education Officials, State Board of Education members, select Department of Education staff and other persons by invitation only.
For more information about the conference, please contact Georgette Valliere at 624-6605 or Georgette.Valliere@maine.gov.