The Certification Office automatically mails renewal applications to Maine educators and educational technicians when their certification is up for renewal. To ensure you receive your renewal packet, make sure the address you have on file with our office is current.
Please get in touch with the support chair at your school to get the renewal process started.
- Renew One-Year Certificates. Those employed under one-year certificates should follow this renewal process.
- Renew Full Certificates. Those employed under provisional, provisional extension or professional certificates should follow this renewal process.
- Educational Technician Renewal. To obtain Educational Technician Authorization, a different process must be followed.
- School Psychologist Renewal. Follow these instructions to renew your certificate to practice school psychology.
- Check Application Status. Curious about how far we've gotten in your application process? Check through MEDMS.
- One Cycle Form. (DOC, 25KB) If you have certificates on different cycles, you can pay a fee when renewing to roll them to the same schedule.
- Renewal Fees. Fees vary depending on which type of certification you're renewing.