Note: We are no longer mailing fingerprint cards or certificates as proof of credentials. For proof of credentials please Check Application Status. You may print the application status screen for proof of credentials.
The Maine Department of Education is happy to announce the release of the educator portal for the new online credentialing system. While the certification team is still accepting paper for initial applications, all renewal applications must be processed through the online system.
- Please create your account. You can also download instructions on how to create your account.
- Once your account is created, log in please be sure to read the instructions. You can also download step by step instructions to submit your renewal application here:
- If you are prepared with any PDF documents that are required, the entire renewal process should take less than 15 minutes.
- If you are currently working in a Maine public school district and have not been recommended by your certification committee, please confer with your certification chair and/or superintendent.
- If you run into any difficulty, please be sure to utilize the step by step instructions prior to calling or emailing the certification department.