- Teacher/Administrator/Education Specialist Application & Instructions. Follow these steps to accurately complete your initial certification application. Education specialists include nurses, athletic directors, literacy specialists, librarians and guidance counselors.
- School Psychologist Application & Instructions. Initial certification application and information packet about the certification process.
- Educational Technician Authorization. Follow this step-by-step process to receive your authorization.
- Approval. Prior to being issued any type of Maine certification, you must have your fingerprints taken through a process approved by the Maine DOE.
- Certification & Endorsement Requirements. List of certifications and endorsements with requirements for each.
- Approved Exceptionality Courses. Maine requires, based on federal mainstreaming regulations, an approved course that meets the "Teaching Exceptional Students in the Regular Classroom" requirement.
- Check Application Status. Curious about how far we've gotten in your application process? Check through NEO.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. A voluntary, highly esteemed professional development opportunity for teachers with three or more years of experience.