Note: We are no longer mailing fingerprint cards or certificates as proof of credentials. For proof of credentials please Check Application Status through the NEO System. You may print the NEO application status screen for proof of credentials.
- Teacher/Administrator/Education Specialist Application & Instructions. Follow these steps to accurately complete your initial certification application. Education specialists include nurses, athletic directors, literacy specialists, librarians and guidance counselors.
- School Psychologist Application & Instructions. Initial certification application and information packet about the certification process.
- Educational Technician Authorization. Follow this step-by-step process to receive your authorization.
- Approval. Prior to being issued any type of Maine certification, you must have your fingerprints taken through a process approved by the Maine DOE.
- Certification & Endorsement Requirements. List of certifications and endorsements with requirements for each.
- Check Application Status. Curious about how far we've gotten in your application process? Check through NEO.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. A voluntary, highly esteemed professional development opportunity for teachers with three or more years of experience.