High School Equivalency Exam & Adult Diplomas

If you're an adult without a high school diploma, the high school equivalency exam or the Adult High School Diploma could be your route to improved career prospects, a college education and increased earnings potential. The Maine Department of Education offers assistance to those seeking to earn their high school equivalency or Adult High School Diploma, those seeking copies of their records and transcripts, and those preparing students to earn high school equivalency or adult diploma

In September 2013, the State of Maine announced that the GED will be replaced by the ETS high school equivalency test program, known as HiSET, beginning in 2014. HiSET covers the same content areas as the current GED and allows test-takers to demonstrate proficiency of the academic skills expected by employers and postsecondary institutions. Please check back for more information.