During the fall of 2018, the Maine Department of Education (DOE) will begin implementation of ESSA including the rollout of Maine’s Model of School Supports and the public release of the Maine’s Report Cards, which will include a user-friendly dashboard of school, district and State level data.
The anticipated timeline for the public release of the Report Cards and Maine's Model of School Support is below:
- September 2018 - January 2019 (and beyond): Ongoing communications via the Maine DOE Newsroom and in-person meetings scheduled throughout the State to prepare local officials and communities for the release of the implementation of ESSA and the public release of the report cards.
- October 15, 2018: Confidential release of Maine Educational Assessment (MEA) student results with three weeks for districts to review and verify the data.
- November 5, 2018: Public release of MEA student results.
- November 2018: Internally, the Department will run the final and full 2017/2018 data through the Model of School Supports to check for accuracy.
- December 2018: Confidential preview of School Report Cards for districts and schools followed by the public release of the School Report Cards.
- January 2019: Department staff will meet with schools identified for tier III supports at regional meetings held throughout the State.