Maine - New Hampshire Inshore Trawl Survey
The Maine-New Hampshire Inshore Trawl Survey is a resource assessment survey performed along the coastal waters of Maine and New Hampshire. Bi-annual surveys, spring and fall, have been conducted since the fall of 2000. This survey is a collaborative research project using a commercial fishing vessel as the platform. The boat owner, captain, and crew have been actively involved in the design and implementation of this survey.
Trawl Survey News:
- October 6, 2020 – Due to weather, the tows previously scheduled for this Thursday, October 8 (East of Matinicus, North of Skate Bank) will be done Friday, October 9, and the tows scheduled for Friday (Isle au Haut Bay, Seal Island to off Stinson Pt.) will be done Thursday.
- September 29, 2020 – Due to weather, the tows previously scheduled for Wednesday September 30 (Thrumcap to Eastern Egg to Old Man Ledge) will be made on Sunday October 4. See the schedule page for charts.
- September 23, 2020 – Due to weather, the tows previously scheduled for today (Bigelow Bight / Tanta Ground) will be done tomorrow (Sept. 24) and the tows scheduled for tomorrow (Off Cape Porpoise to Off Richmond Is.) will be done today (Sept 23). See the schedule page for charts.
- September 14, 2020 – Fall Trawl Survey Scheduled to Start September 21st
- August 20, 2020 – Fall Trawl Survey General Info and Links to Schedule and Tow Location Charts
- August 8, 2020 – A New Web Data Portal (Data Dashboard) Provides Easy Access to Past Survey Data