Saltwater Recreational Fishing Regulations and Tips
Printable Fishing Regulations
- 2019 Striped Bass Regulations (PDF file, 1 page, 945 KB)
Note: For regulations on Striped Bass fishing in the Kennebec River in Maine Dept. of Inland Fish and Wildlife jurisdiction above the head of tide, please visit the ME IF&W Fishing website.
- 2019 Sea Run Fish Regulations (PDF file, 1 page, 224 KB)
- 2018 Groundfish and Other Finfish Regulations (PDF file, 1 page, 235 KB)
- 2019 Sea Run Smelt Regulations (PDF file, 1 page, 254 KB)
Full DMR Laws and Regulations for Recreational Species
Complete, current Laws and Regulations for DMR regulated recreational species can be found in the DMR Laws & Regulations section of the DMR website. Proposed Rulemaking, Newly Adopted Regulations and Emergency Regulations can also be found there.
Note: If fishing in the tidal portion of rivers, DMR Regulations Chapter 55 lists Gear Restrictions and Closed Areas by body of water for your reference.
- Saltwater Angler's Guide (Know Your Catch & Where To Fish)
- The Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP)
- Recreational Fish Landings
- Safe Eating Guide for Saltwater Fish
- Tide Tables, Marine Forecast, Buoy Information & More
- Recreational Boating Rules, Safety, and Courses