Message to Industry from Commissioner Keliher About Yesterday's Executive Order
Dear Industry Member,
I want to reassure you that yesterday's Executive Order issued by Governor Mills doesnt change your industry's status. Maine's commercial fishing, processing and aquaculture businesses are still considered "Essential" businesses as defined in the Governors March 24, 2020 Executive Order, and are allowed to continue operations consistent with guidance on social distancing.
Guidance on social distancing in the Governors March 24, 2020 Executive Order is as follows:
- To the extent practicable, have employees work remotely
- Maintain six-foot social distancing for employees and members of the public at all times, including but not limited to, when customers are standing in lines
- Designate with signage, tape or by other means six-foot spacing for employees and customers
- Have hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers
- Implement separate operating hours for elderly and vulnerable customers
- Post online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely
Details of Governor Mills' Executive Orders can be found at https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills/
In addition, please note that DMR is posting a list of financial, public assistance and informational resources for industry related to COVID-19 on our website at https://www.maine.gov/dmr/about/COVIDInfo.html
We will continue to update our website and to provide you with new and relevant information as it becomes available.
Commissioner Maine Department of Marine Resource