MENHADEN: Small Scale Fishery Opens July 29, 2019
Maine Department of Marine Resources would like to inform all Menhaden harvesters the directed state allocated fishery will close on Sunday, July 28 at 11:59 p.m. Please ensure that all landings are reported by noon Friday via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Small Scale/Incidental menhaden fishery will open on Monday, July 29, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Regulations for the incidental catch/small scale fishery are detailed in Chapter 41 and highlighted below:
- Daily trip limit is 6,000 lbs;
- All catch must be immediately stored in barrels or totes;
- Transfers at sea are prohibited;
- Harvest may occur seven days a week;
- Reporting will be monthly, through either standard paper logbook or online via LEEDS.
Questions about menhaden rules may also be directed to your local patrol officer. For patrol's contact information, please click here.
Division I Head: Lieutenant Daniel White - 633-9596, 592-1260 (cell) Division II Head: Lieutenant Troy Dow - 664-2393