Discretionary Education Grants
Theresa Torrent, Coastal Educator and Communications Coordinator, Theresa Torrent
To fund educational efforts relating to Maine coastal issues and projects which relate to greater ocean literacy.
Provides small grant funding for a variety of coastal education and outreach efforts.
Selected Project Examples
- Rippleffect - Ocean Literacy Trail
- Maine Aquaculture Innovation Center - Oyster Gardening Program
- Maine Island Trail Association - Island Cleanup and Data Collection Initiative; Support of Trail Guide and development of an Ocean Literacy education component.
- Gulf of Maine Marine Educators Association - National Marine Educators Conference sponsorship
- The Lobster Conservancy - Lobster Literacy: Lobster Nursery Mapping Project
- MDI Water Quality Coalition - Support for the Hancock Co Youth Watershed Forum
- Pemaquid Watershed Association - Enhance educational programming for the Beachcombers' Rest Nature Center
- Medomak Valley Land Trust - Community based watershed education programming and water quality monitoring of the Medomak watershed.
- City of Augusta - Support of the Kennebec Celebration and education of the community on watersheds and diadromous fish habitat
- Oceans Wide
Approximately $10,000 is available each year for these grants.
Ongoing as available
Supporting a diverse range of coastal education and ocean stewardship efforts.