Maine State Aquarium Visitor Information
There are always new reasons to visit the Maine State Aquarium. We have new animals, displays, and educational programs happening all the time so each time you visit you'll discover something different. Select one of these links, or scroll down the page.
- We will be re-opening in May 2019, on Memorial Day weekend for the public and earlier for school groups.
- Adults (age 13 to 65) — $7.00
- Seniors (age 65 and up) — $5.00
- Youth (age 3-12 with adult family member) — $3.00
- Children (age 2 and under, with adult family member) — FREE
- Seasonal Membership (Individual) — $35.00
- Seasonal Membership (Family) — $75.00
- School groups and other groups — details and reservation info here
- Birthday Party — contact us for information, availability, and pricing..
- We are located at 194 McKown Point Road, West Boothbay Harbor, Maine 04575.
- Directions to Aquarium and other Department of Marine Resources offices
- A Mapquest map and directions to the aquarium
- A Google Map and directions to the aquarium
Some helpful hints for planning your visit to the aquarium:
- Arrive early (10 AM) or later in the day (3 PM)
- Dress for comfort — cold water flows through our tanks & cool breezes flow in from outside.
- Participate in our daily programs, presentations, fishing opportunities, & tours
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the spectacular views of Boothbay Harbor.
- Food concessions are not available — only snacks and drinks can be purchased on site.
- A gift shop offers toys, books, games, puzzles, clothing, and more.
- There are restrooms for your convenience.
- Children may get wet at our touch tanks, so bring a dry change of clothes.
- Bring a camera to capture those special moments at the aquarium.
- The weather in Maine can be unpredictable, so be prepared. A weather report and forecasts for W. Boothbay Harbor can be found here.
- Visit the Boothbay Region Chamber of Commerce for complete information on the area.
- And don't forget to pack your curiosity and adventuresome spirit!
Daily events include: sport-fishing at the dock (instructions and tackle provided); talks on lobsters and other animals; behind-the-scenes tours, animal feeding time, Lobstah Mainiah! in the Discovery Center, and more. New this year: a walking history tour! Please call, or check our activity board at the entrance for that day's schedule. More info on our daily programs here.
- The aquarium (during open hours): (207) 633-9559
- DMR reception area: (207) 633-9500 8am-4:30pm M-F
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Marine Education and Group Reservations Office: (207) 633-9542, or visit our Field Trips and Group Reservations page
- Volunteer Hotline: (207) 633-9674
- Visit us on acebook or review us on tripadvisor