Home → About
About the Maine Department of Marine Resources
"The Department of Marine Resources is established to conserve and develop marine and estuarine resources; to conduct and sponsor scientific research; to promote and develop the Maine coastal fishing industries; to advise and cooperate with local, state, and federal officials concerning activities in coastal waters; and to implement, administer, and enforce the laws and regulations necessary for these purposes..." — Maine Title 12, Chapter 603 §6021.
- Commissioner and Senior Staff
- Bureau of Policy and Management
- Bureau of Marine Patrol
- Bureau of Marine Science
- Bureau of Public Health
- Office, laboratory, and aquarium phone numbers, addresses, open hours, and directions
- Staff listing with e-mail addresses and phone numbers
- Marine Patrol roster and phone numbers by area
- DMR Webmaster
- Shellfish Sanitation and Red Tide Hotline 1-800-232-4733
- Marine Animal Reporting Hotline 1-800-532-9551
(to report a live, dead, stranded, or entangled whale, dolphin, porpoise, seal, or sea turtle)
- Job Openings
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for contract work
- Volunteer programs
Historical Department Reports and Other Publications (Downloadable)
DMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H - Reasonable accommodations considered upon request. Contact Amanda Beckwith, Human Resources Manager, NRSC (207-624-6391), or e-mail email@example.com for complaints or accommodation requests.
instructions and help
- PDF files on this site may require Adobe Reader software (download here free) to view or print.
- If you have problems with a particular web page or document, please contact the DMR webmaster.
- If you have questions, suggestions, or comments about DMR web pages, please contact Jeff Nichols.
- Information on availlable resources for COVID-19 are available on the DMR website.