The Risk Reduction Program
Eligible—21 years of age or older at time of registration
Duration—Three days (20 hours) education. May or may not include additional requirements as detailed below.
Participants in the Risk Reduction Program will:
- Receive 20 hours of in-depth education regarding high-risk alcohol and drug choices to assist them in identifying and changing high-risk behaviors;
- Complete an evidence-based preliminary assessment designed to screen for risk factors for substance use problems;
- If found to be at risk of substance use-related problems, will be referred to a DEEP- certified community-based service provider for a clinical substance use evaluation to determine whether treatment is indicated.
If there is evidence of a substance use problem, the individual will be referred to counseling and required to complete the recommended treatment services.
- All evaluation services must be provided by a DEEP-certified counselor or agency.
- For a statewide listing of approved providers call 207-626-8600.
- Treatment services are determined according to DEEP's regulatory guidelines and the needs of the individual.
- Individuals receiving services are responsible for payment. Several providers have a sliding fee scale, and many will accept private insurance or MaineCare for treatment services.
To register, call (207) 626-8600
Payment by money order; credit/debit card; or cash, with a $10.00 processing fee for credit or debit card payment.