Information for Veterinarians
Electronic Prescribing Mandate
Pursuant to Public Law, Chapter 488, An Act to Prevent Opiate Abuse by Strengthening the Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program, practitioners are mandated to electronically prescribe opioid medications. However, there are limited exceptions in which a practitioner may issue a written, oral or faxed prescription.
A pharmacist is NOT required to verify that a practitioner has a waiver of the requirement to electronically prescribe or properly falls under one of the other exceptions from the requirement to electronically prescribe. Pharmacists may continue to dispense medications from otherwise valid written, oral or fax prescriptions that are consistent with current laws and regulations.
The Department will be conducting periodic audits. If a prescriber is identified as repeatedly submitting written prescriptions to a pharmacy, that provider may be at risk for professional discipline.
Exceptional Circumstances When a Written Prescription may be Issued
- Temporary technological failure
- Temporary electrical failure
- A OBH PMP approved e-prescribing waiver
- The practitioner reasonably determines that it would be impractical for the patient to obtain the medication in a timely manner, and such delay would adversely impact the patient’s medical condition.
- To be dispensed by a pharmacy located outside the state.
- To be dispensed by a VA or IHS pharmacy.
For additional information on the electronic prescribing mandate, please review the Electronic Prescribing Clarifications document.
Registering with the PMP
If you were registered in Maine’s previous PMP system:
If your account was successfully loaded to Maine’s new PMP system, you should have received an e-mail on Tuesday, December 20. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to activate your new account. Please check your spam or junk folders if you do not see this e-mail in your main inbox. Otherwise, see below for how to create an account in the new system.
To create an account:
- Go to: https://maine.pmpaware.net
- Click “Create an Account”
- Enter your email address and create a password then click “Save and Continue”
- Select your role under Healthcare Professional and click “Save and Continue”
- Complete all fields marked with a red asterisk then submit your registration.
- Once your registration is submitted, find the email from “no-reply-pmpaware” with the subject “Maine PMP AWARxE Email Verification Request” and click the link to “verify your email” *Please note, this link is only valid for 20 minutes. In the event the time has expired, clicking on the link will result in a new verification email being sent.
For additional information on using the site, please review the Maine PMP AWARxE User Support Manual.
For technical assistance please contact technical support at 1-844-4ME-4PMP (1-844-463-4767). Technical assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You may also create an online support request.
Data on all Schedule II, III, and IV drugs dispensed in Maine are submitted by pharmacies to the Maine PMP at least daily, cleaned, and stored in a centralized, relational database. Maine adheres to the DEA list of scheduled drugs and does not add to or subtract from it.
- Veterinarian – Frequently Asked Questions
- Integrate Maine’s PMP with your EHR or Pharmacy Management System
- LD1363 Doc
- LD1031 Doc
- Maine PMP AWARxE User Support Manual
- Electronic Prescribing Clarifications (PDF)