Evidence-Based Practices (EBP) Resources
This page has links to numerous national and state resources providing information regarding evidence-based practices and the use of research and data to promote quality mental health services. It should be of interest to individuals receiving mental health services, family members, advocates, mental health services providers, researchers and policy makers.
Maine DHHS Office of Adult Mental Health Services Evidence-based Practices Procedural Guidelines
- This September 2007 document explains the vision and principles
guiding the development and implementation of evidence-based
adult mental health practices in Maine. It also defines key
Evidence-based Practices Procedural Guidelines - (Microsoft Word* | Adobe PDF*)
A Review of Adult Mental Health Mobile Crisis Programs
This report summarizes the results of a review of eleven adult mental health mobile crisis programs conducted November 2007 through January 2008. The review was based on the Maine Mental Health Crisis Services Standards, initially developed by crisis providers and subsequently updated by the Office of Adult Mental Health Services as specified in the October 2006 Consent Decree Plan. The results of this review will be used to make improvements in adult mental health mobile crisis services.
- A Review of Adult Mental Health Mobile Crisis Programs (Word* | also in Adobe PDF*)
- OBHA's Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center aims to provide communities, clinicians, policymakers, and others in the field with the information and tools they need to incorporate evidence-based practices into their communities or clinical settings.
- Final report (2003) from the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health
- A downloadable manual for consumers, families, providers, and administrators about understanding and implementing Evidence-Based Practices.
- Information for consumers and providers on effective psychosocial treatments. (Search engine included.) Covers adult, child, geriatric, chemical dependency and health behavior therapies
- Evidence Based Practices: Shaping Mental Health Services Toward Recovery. Downloadable files of portions of 5 EBP Implementation Resource Kits.
- This guide provides a list of Web sites with information about specific EBPs or reviews of research findings. It could be helpful to stakeholders seeking to promote awareness of current research and to increase the implementation and availability of evidence-based practices (EBPs).
- The NRI is a non-profit corporation devoted to issues of the public mental health system. The mission of the NRI is to promote quality and accountability of mental health services by generating and facilitating the use of relevant research, data, and information that meets the collective and individual needs of state mental health agencies.
National Implementation Research Network (At Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute)
- Fixsen, D.L., Naoom, S.F., Blase, K.A., Friedman, R.M, Wallace, F. (2005).
Implementation Research: A Synthesis of the Literature (Publication #231)
Evaluation Technical Assistance Center (At the Human Services Research Institute)
- Toolkits on outcome measurement, fidelity assessment, development of program manuals, performance indicators, quality, etc.
- "Metabase" - database of literature reviews of specific practices
- Information on evidence grading systems
- How to develop new evidence-based practices
- Comprehensive report and action plan for behavioral health workforce development
- Executive summary and quick reference guide also available