MaineCare in Education
This webpage provides information and important updates about policy and billing changes to MaineCare-covered services that are provided in an educational setting.
The MaineCare In Education presentation is for stakeholders. This presentation explains how to access MaineCare services in schools.
Providers and School Administrators
- Accessing MaineCare in Schools
- Audit Checklist for School-Based Services
- Claims Status Review Quick Reference
- Claim Submission Quick Reference
- Medically Necessity
- MIHMS Enrollment Checklist
- Parental Consent
- Seed Payment
MaineCare in Education 2019 School-Based Billing Guide
School-Based Non-Emergency Transporation (NET)
Requests for School-based transportation should be made by the provider. If your child has a service listed on their Individualized Education Plan (IEP), or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and needs transportation to get to and/or from the medical appointment, it is the provider’s responsibility to arrange this.
Please contact your student’s school administrator first with any questions or concerns regarding specific transportation issues. If you need additional assistance please email MaineCareinEducation.DHHS@maine.gov or contact Trista Collins, State Medicaid Educational Liaison, at 207-624-4094.
For School-Based Providers
To initiate new transportation requests, please email MaineCareinEducation.DHHS@maine.gov to obtain the necessary forms and instructions.
Questions and E-Message Sign Up
If you have questions, you can email them to the MaineCare in Education. You can also subscribe to the MaineCare In Education RSS feed or MaineCare Policy- Schools/Education e-message service by visiting the MaineCare News Subscriptions webpage.
School-Based Service Provider Notices
- Member Guide Presentation and Billing Guide Updates - April 9, 2019
- MaineCare School-Based Services Guide and Reminders - June 08, 2018
- School-Based Services Reminders - October 24, 2017
- School-Based Services Provider Reminders - November 02, 2016