Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
- EVV System Setup
- Alternative EVV System Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- E-Message Sign Up
- Other Resources
Section 12006 of the 21st Century Cures Act mandates states implement an EVV system for all Personal Care Services (PCS) and Home Health Care Services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider. States must require EVV for PCS providers by January 1, 2020 and for HHCS by January 1, 2023.
For a full list policies and applicable services impacted, please see the Service Codes document. An EVV system is used to verify the date, time, and site of a provider visit, as well as services provided to the MaineCare member in the member's home or in a community-based services setting.
Please note that all providers must beginning using EVV by January 1, 2020, with the exception of Home Health providers providing services under Section 40. The effective date for Section 40 services is January 1, 2023; however, Section 40 providers may at their discretion choose to implement EVV on January 1, 2020.
The Department is developing an open EVV system which will allow providers to utilize their own EVV system and connect with MIHMS or to use the State's EVV system. The EVV application will be accessible on smart devices (phones and tablets), or through Interactive Voice Response (IVR). For more detail, see the EVV Forum Presentation.
- Alternate Data Collection Interface Specifications
- Maine Alternate EVV System Integration Process Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
See the EVV FAQs webpage for common questions about EVV.
In order to remain informed about EVV, please subscribe to our e-message service. The e-message service is an automated email messaging tool that we will use as the main communication method for EVV news and project developments. To ensure you receive important updates, please sign up for the MaineCare – Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) e-message service.
Please follow these steps to sign up:
- Enter your email address in the text box and select "Submit."
- Confirm your email address by entering it in the text box.
- Add a password if you wish (optional).
- Select "Submit."
- Click on the blue link at the bottom that says "Add Subscriptions."
- Scroll down to the section for the "Office of MaineCare Services" and check the box for "Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)" topic.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Submit."
- MaineCare's EVV email box
- Provider Services at 1-866-690-5585, option 3