HOPE BEGINS HERE!
A program helping Maine families pursue training and education beyond high school and achieve their career plans by addressing barriers to success.
The Higher Opportunity for Pathways to Employment (HOPE) Program is committed to helping you reach your educational goals. Whether you are seeking a short-term training certificate or an associate or bachelor's degree, the HOPE Program has the tools and resources to help you.
In general, individuals will be eligible for the HOPE Program if you:
- Are a Maine resident between the ages of 16 through 64
- Are a parent or caretaker relative of a minor child who is living with you
- Have been accepted to or are enrolled in an eligible training or education program, or are enrolled in preparatory classes to help you enroll
- Meet certain income and asset guidelines
- Are not currently receiving a monthly TANF or PaS cash benefit
Once an individual is found eligible, the HOPE Program may help pay for cost such as:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies
- Tools and Equipment
- Child Care
- Other costs that may help you to achieve your education goal
In addition to financial support, HOPE can help you balance your academic and personal life. Our team includes Student Navigators who are eager to help when you need a hand with:
- Selecting and registering for classes
- Creating a class schedule that fits with your life
- Understanding your student bills and fees
- Applying for financial aid
- Connecting to HOPE, school, and community resources
Contact info appears in the top right corner of this page. For additional information, please see our Contact Us page.
FUTURE UPDATES ARE COMING SOON - WATCH OUR WEBSITE!
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
ph: (207) 624-4170
fx: (207) 287-3455