Maine Child Support: Division of Support Enforcement & Recovery (DSER)

Limited Service Cases

In a limited services case. If you or the other parent serves an income withholding order, the Department will process those payments. The Departments only responsibility on a limited services case is to accept and disburse payments. The Department will keep records of payments received.

In Limited Service cases the Department does not serve income withholding orders, intercept the other parent’s tax returns or lottery winnings, attach unemployment compensation or workers’ compensation payments, lien property, take the other parent’s licenses if the other parent fails to pay child support, or locate the other parent or the other parent’s employer. The Department provides this help only in a full service case.

You may ask for a full service case at any time. Contact any Division of Support Enforcement and Recovery office and ask for a non-welfare application for services.