Three Initiatives with One Goal
Where it all started
In 2021, The Maine Children’s Cabinet set a goal to integrate and align maternal and early childhood programs and services to better serve Maines young children and families. In order to meet this goal, three initiatives were set to launch.
- Implement the Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS)
- Expand developmental screening
- Implementation of the national Help Me Grow Model in Maine.
In addition, S.P. 533 – L.D. 1712 An Act to Support Children’s Healthy Development and School Success was passed into law.
Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS)
The ECCS is a program that will increase statewide access to integrated, effective, culturally appropriate, evidence-based early intervention practices and services during the prenatal and early childhood period (P-3).
Maine DHHS is working with the Children’s Cabinet and the Cabinet’s Early Intervention Workgroup to implement the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) online system to improve access to developmental screening for organizations working with children under the age of 5. The ASQ Online will be a part of Help Me Grow Maine.
Help Me Grow (HMG) Maine
Help Me Grow Maine connects you to information and services about child development and community resources. In partnership with 2-1-1 Maine, any parent, caregiver, or provider can call for support.
Come join us at our next webinar to further learn how each initiative is making progress. Missed it? Don’t worry! All webinars are recorded and available for your viewing when it’s convenient for you.
Recordings are posted within 24 to 48 business hours after the session concludes. You must register to get access to the recording. Registration does not have to be before the event occurs.
Kick off Meeting for HMG and the ECCSP in Maine
- Date: January 13, 2022 3-4pm EST (Zoom)
- Presenters: Ana Hicks, Dr. Amy Belisle, Elissa Wynne, Maryann Harakall and Angie Bellefleur
- Download PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems & Help Me Grow Webinar
- Date: March 29, 2022 – 12pm -1pm EST (Zoom)
- Presenters: Ana Hicks, Stacey LaFlamme, Ashley Olen, Anna Cyr, Angie Bellefleur, Dr. Amy Belisle, and Katherine Johnston.
- Download PowerPoint Presentation (PDF) | View Recording
Early Childhood Webinar
A webinar sharing news and updates from the Office of Child and Family Services on Help Me Grow, ASQ Online, Maine ECCP®, First4ME, and Child Care Infrastructure Grants.
- Date: November 10, 2022 – 8:30-9:30am EST (Zoom)
- Speakers: Commissioner Lambrew, Director Landry, Elissa Wynne, Crystal Arbour, Jessica Gerrish, Angie Bellefleur, Melinda Corey, Megan Swanson, Amy Beaulieu, Nikki Williams.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF) | View Recording
If you wish to be notified on when the next webinar is, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Help Me Grow Maine team continues to grow in their certifications as Community Resource Specialist (CRS). In the State of Maine, there are only ten people who hold a CRS certification. The HMG Maine team makes up three of those ten! Congratulations to Melinda Corey, Katherine Russum and Sara Baird!
As of September of 2022, Help Me Grow Maine staff are well trained with most achieving over 125 hours of continuing education.
Released on August 30, 2022 Help Me Grow National published a new report, Help Me Grow Building Impact, 2021, sharing major findings and trends across the HMG National Affiliate Network. Maine was one of six affiliates to be recognized (pg.49-50)! Click here to read the full report.
Collaborating Partners Advisory Group (CPAG)
Meeting Agendas and Notes
Collaboration and Adaptive Leadership
Next Meeting: February 7,2023 11am-1pm EST (Zoom)