Information for Child Care Providers
OCC logo, which includes the name Office of Child Care and the OCC heart.
Are You a Head Start or Child Care Provider
in Need of Health Insurance?
Now's your chance to sign up for affordable health insurance. Open Enrollment happens once each year. This year's Open Enrollment runs from November 1 through January 31. Health insurance can help you stay healthy so that you can take good care of yourself, your family, and the children who are counting on you.
What you need to know:
- The Marketplace helps uninsured people find affordable health coverage.
- Getting covered is easier than ever. Every year, the process of signing up for coverage gets simpler, and financial help is available. You may qualify for:
- Private insurance plans. Most people can find health insurance plans available for $75 or less per month. You may qualify for lower costs based on your household size and income. Plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and preventive care.
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These programs cover millions of families with limited income, disabilities, and other circumstances.
- Go to www.HealthCare.gov to learn about how the Marketplace works and how to get insurance.
- If you already have health insurance and want to choose a new plan based on your needs and budget, you have until January 31, 2016, to enroll for new coverage.
- Free help is available. Get answers to your questions by contacting our trained professionals for free and confidential assistance. Call 1-800-318-2596 or find free in-person help in your community by visiting LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov.
Ready to apply and enroll or have questions?
- Visit HealthCare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.