Employer Sponsored Child Care Assistance Plans

dad and daughter

There are a growing number of employers in Maine that offer some sort of assistance to their employees for their child care needs.

Some companies offer their employees Dependent Care Assistance Plans (DCAP). These plans let employees set aside a certain amount of income before taxes to pay for child care. Personnel or benefits offices can give employees information on whether they offer a DCAP and how to use it. There are limits to how much can be set aside. The amount set aside will reduce the dollar amount eligible for the Child and Dependent Care Credit.

Visit the Department of Labor's "Employer Child Care Options External site disclaimer" for more information about Employer Child Care Assistance plans.