Child Welfare Foster Parenting
Foster and adoptive parents are an invaluable resource for Maine's children and communities - and Maine needs more of them. We are a large state, and in some regions the number of family foster homes is shrinking. Maine Child and Family Services believes that developing talented, caring foster and adoptive homes - in all Maine communities - is essential to enhance our care for children.
- June 5, 2020 Letter to Resource Parents – How to Talk with Kids about Racism
- As a foster parent, you can make all the difference in the life of a child. For more information on how to become a foster parent contact A Family for ME 1-844-893-6311
- Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine - if you're a current foster parent take advantage of valuable support provided by this group.
- Resource Parent Care Team: The RPCT program assists licensed resource and kinship families with services and supports designed to help families manage the stresses of fostering and maintain placements until permanency occurs. RPCT will also help families successfully navigate the child welfare system and maintain positive and timely communication about children in your care. Additionally, Permanency Guardianship (PG) and Adoptive Families are eligible for services.
- How to Become a Resource Parent - Adoptive and Foster Parent/Family
- Levels of Care - A process for assessing the service needs of all Maine children currently in foster care and new children entering foster care.
- Program Standards for Treatment Foster Care - a family-based, service delivery approach providing individualized treatment for children, youth, and their families
- Reasonable and Prudent Parenting Training - A PowerPoint presentation explaining the new reasonable and prudent parenting standards for Resource Parents. (best if viewed in full screen mode)
- Rules Providing for the Licensing of Family Foster Homes and Specialized Children's Foster Homes - Word | also as PDF
For more information:
If you haven't found what you're looking for, visit our pages for: