Child Protection (Abuse, neglect or exploitation)
- Abuse - Report Child Abuse - the child abuse hotline is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Child Abuse Action Network - the Child Abuse Action Network (CAAN) is a multi-disciplinary, public and private sector committee committed to enhancing the professional and public response to child abuse in Maine.
- Handbook for Parents - describes rights parents have during a child abuse and neglect assessment.
- Mandated Reporters - information and resources for people who are required by law to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Glossary of Child Welfare Terms
Employment-related Child Protective Screening
The Employment-related Child Protective Screening will notify the employer if an individual has been substantiated for child abuse or neglect. Substantiation means an individual is responsible for abusing, neglecting, or placing a child at high risk for abuse and neglect while in their care.