Children's Behavioral Health
Description of service, eligibility and supports
- Family Information Specialist (FIS) - Staff you may speak with when you first call your local office. Often you will be speaking with a parent who has raised a child with special needs. They can give you lots of information about resources that you may need as a parent of a child with special needs.
Download FIS Brochure (PDF*)
- DHHS Office Finder
- DHHS District Map
- County Resources Resource directory created to give quick easy access to information by county.
- Eligibility for service - CBH offers a broad range of responses or treatment to children up to their 21st birthday and their families who have care needs
- Forms and instructions - Referral, application, and grievance forms for various Children's Behavioral Health
- Family web resources - Web links for support organizations, resources, and of interest for children with behavioral health problems
- Grievance policy for rights of recipient - Information on your rights as a recipient of children's behavioral health services, and how to file a grievance
- Provider list - A list of Children's Behavioral Health providers
- Respite care services - To provide financial assistance to support treatment goals in the child’s support plan.
- Respite for ME - Respite care service, providers for families as well as how to become a certified provider in Maine
- Rights of recipient - Information on your rights as a recipient of children's behavioral health services, and how to file a grievance
- Services offered by CBHS - A list of MaineCare and non MaineCare services
For more information:
If you haven't found what you're looking for, visit: