Children's Behavioral Health

Eligibility of Service

Childrens’ Behavioral Health (CBH) contracts with many agencies throughout the state to offer a broad range of services for children up to their 21st birthday, and their families, if they have treatment needs related to:

  • Mental Health
  • Intellectual Disability
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorders
  • Developmental Disability

Important Information:

  • Private insurance may cover some services, but for most your child would need to have MaineCare.

Want to Apply for MaineCare?

  • Call or visit the DHHS office closest to your home
  • Tell them you want to apply for MediCare
  • Even if you have private insurance your child may be eligible for MaineCare through the Katie Beckett Option if they have a serious physical or mental health condition.

DHHS Offices: