→ Cumberland District Public Health Council → Get Involved
Get Involved with the Cumberland District Public Health Council (CDPHC)
The Cumberland District Public Health Council is one of eight geographic, and one Tribal, District Coordinating Councils for Public Health in Maine. The Council's responsibilities include:
- Identifying District public health issues and coordinating public health activities in the District;
- Providing public health services in our communities;
- Addressing health disparities to meet the specific public health needs of our District;
- Convening non-traditional public health partners;
- Advising public health policy and allocation of funding; and,
- Preparing and maintaining the public health system for public health accreditation.
The Council is made up of (elected) Council members representing public health sectors that are identified in the Council's bylaws and interested persons within the District. Please join us for one of our Council meetings to learn more about the work we do. While interested persons are not eligible to vote on Council business, they are invited to participate.