Maine Medical Center - Genetics Program
The Division of Genetics at the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital provides Genetics services for individuals from primarily southern Maine and New Hampshire.
Consultative and management services include:
- Dysmorphology evaluations
- Ongoing management of complex medical care for individuals with known diagnoses
- Family risk assessment
- Provision of genetic testing
- Genetic counseling
- Evaluation, diagnosis and management of inborn errors of metabolism
- Enzyme replacement therapy services for lysosomal storage diseases
- Prenatal consultations in complex cases.
The Division of Genetics also provides essential services and education to primary care physicians and other subspecialists at MMC, in the community, as well as throughout the State of Maine and New Hampshire.
The Division Supports the following:
- Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital Metabolism Program - Brochure(PDF*)
- Southern Maine Cleft Lip and Palate Program
- Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
- Hemophilia Clinic
- Maine Children’s Cancer Program
- Spina Bifida Program.
Medical Genetics consultations are also provided to the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine at MMC and the Genetics staff at the Maine Center for Cancer Medicine.
All clients are seen regardless of ability to pay for services.
Maine Pediatric Specialty Group
887 Congress Street, Suite 320
Portland, ME 04102
Phone (207) 662-5522 or 1-800-860-6277
Fax (207) 662-5528