Eastern Maine Medical Center - Genetics Program
The Genetics Program provides consultation and management services for individuals, couples, and families through a number of specialty clinics provided by the Genetics Program at EMMC.
The Program provides initial genetic evaluation, assessment and ongoing management for persons with a known genetic condition.
In addition to the Genetics Clinic, the Genetics Program is also responsible for the following:
- Metabolic Clinic- provides assessment, diagnosis, and management of inborn errors of metabolism.
- Evaluation and assessmentof persons with specific conditions and their families through a number of specialty clinics including the Spina Bifida Clinic, Cystic Fibrosis Clinic, Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic and Hemophilia Clinic.
- Muscular Dystrophy Clinic- provides evaluation and follows long-term, individuals and families with a wide variety of neuromuscular conditions.
- Provides Medical Genetics consultations and prenatal and preconception counselingfor area physicians and women’s health programs, including the Maternal Fetal Medicine Program at EMMC.
- Developmental Evaluation Clinicsprovide consultation services.
- Cancer Risk Counseling Clinic- provides assessment for individuals and families at risk for a variety of hereditary cancer syndromes. Options for testing individuals for cancer susceptibility genes as well as screening and preventative strategies are reviewed. An oncologist is available for consultation.
All clients are seen regardless of ability to pay for services.
In addition to clinical services, the Genetics Program offers educational and training to health professionals and other groups throughout the state.
To make a referral:
For referrals and questions call 275-4251
To schedule cancer genetic counseling call 275-4251
Eastern Maine Medical Center Genetics Program
Pediatric Specialty Clinics
133 Corporate Drive
Bangor, Maine 04401