Coronavirus Resources

Updated: March 26, 2020

Questions about Public Health

If you're looking for general information about COVID-19, call 211, text your zip code to 898-211, or email 
For the latest number of COVID-19 cases in Maine, public health guidance and resources, please visit our
Maine CDC COVID-19 page.

Call 2-1-1 and press 5 to reach an agent and request an interpreter | اتصل على 2-1-1 واضغط على 5 للحصول على مترجم | Appelez le 2-1-1, appuyez sur 5 pour un interprète | Ligue para 2-1-1 e pressione 5 para um intérprete | Wac 2-1-1 saxaafadda 5 si aad u hesho tarjubaan | Llame al 2-1-1 y presione el numero 5 para un interprete

Questions about DHHS Services

Please see the following resources for those who receive or provide services through DHHS.
Have questions on how to access programs such as MaineCare, TANF, Food Supplement, and Child Care Subsidy? Visit: Accessing Assistance Through Maine DHHS (PDF) (updated 3/20/2020).

In response to the Novel Coronavirus, Food Supplement work requirements have been updated.
For more information visit: Office for Family Independence

Individuals with questions or concerns regarding DHHS programs and services may contact Constituent Services by submitting an inquiry online or by calling (207) 287-5846.

NOTICE: Consistent with U.S. CDC guidelines encouraging social distancing, DHHS District Offices remain open but are limiting interactions with the public to accepting paperwork for drop-off, to protect the health and safety of the public as well as our employees. For moreinformation visit: Office for Family Independence

Aging and Long-Term Services and Supports

The Office of Aging and Disability Services is posting regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions and Resources regarding COVID-19 for agencies and others providing home- and community-based services (HCBS) to older persons and adults with physical disabilities.

Adult Behavioral Health

Visit the Office of Behavioral Health for resources and guidance for the public and behavioral health providers in Maine.

Children's Behavioral Health

The Office of Child Family Services is publishing regular updates and guidance on Children's Behavioral Health.

Child Care and Licensing

The Office of Child Family Services is publishing regular updates and guidance for child care providers in Maine.

Child Welfare

The Office of Child Family Services is publishing regular updates and guidance on Child Welfare.

Developmental Disability and Brain Injury

The Office of Aging and Disability Services is posting regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions and Resources for agencies and other providing support to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Autism and Brain Injury.

MaineCare Members and Providers

MaineCare members and Providers can visit the Office of MaineCare Services for up-to-date guidance and resources.

Nursing and Long-Term Care Facilities

Guidance and resources for Nursing and Long-Term Facilities can visit the Office of MaineCare Services.

How Health Care Providers Can Help - and We Can Help Them

  • Stay Healthy: During these stressful times, we encourage health care providers to pay attention to the basics - i.e. be sure to maintain essential self-care, continue careful hand washing, be attentive to physical distancing, manage stress, and actively self-monitor for symptoms. We encourage health care providers to be mindful of your own physical and mental health, and reach out to get help when needed. Consider using resources from your medical staff office, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), or the MMAs Medical Professional Health Program.
  • Fill Critical Gaps - Health care providers can also sign up for the "Maine Responds" Emergency Health Volunteer System, the Maine CDC system that organizes health care, public health, and emergency response volunteers to respond to emergency situations (particularly focused on licensed clinicians). Register for Maine Responds online.
  • Support Other Health Care Providers - Maine DHHS is working with the Maine Association of Psychiatric Physicians (MAPP), the MMA, and many others to set up a "warm line" to provide mental health and emotional support for medical providers and first responders during this high-stress time. The MAPP will be reaching out to clinicians to volunteer to help staff the warm line. Those interested in volunteering for this service can contact Dianna Poulin, Maine Association of Psychiatric Physicians.

Hand Sanitizer Production

Maine Distillers

The University of Maine is working with the Maine Distillers Guild to produce hand sanitizer for hospitals and first respondersNed Wight at the Maine Distillers Guild is helping to coordinate the supply of ethanol from the distillers to the sanitizer production sites. Interested distillers should contact Hospitals who need more information should contact Aileen Co at UMO


Businesses and Employees

If you are a business or employee impacted by COVID-19, please visit the Office of the Governor for a list of resources. This includes information on applying for a Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Relief Loan, filing an unemployment claim, and additional resources for keeping employees and businesses safe.

Executive Orders and Proclamation

DHHS Employee Information