Juniper Ridge Landfill
The Juniper Ridge Landfill is owned by the State of Maine and is part of the solid waste disposal system within the state that provides for Maine's solid waste disposal needs. Juniper Ridge Landfill accepts residues from waste-to-energy facilities, construction/demolition debris and other wastes generated within the State.
Juniper Ridge Landfill is operated by New England Waste Services of Maine, LLC, a subsidiary of Casella Waste Systems.
Background on the Landfill:
In 1989, the Maine Legislature banned new commercial solid waste disposal facilities and placed the responsibility for providing future disposal capacity on the State itself. In accordance with this policy, in 2003, the Legislature directed the State to acquire the Juniper Ridge Landfill in Old Town, Maine to address the solid waste disposal needs of Maine residents and businesses. (Juniper Ridge Timeline - DOC 29KB)
Exploring the Juniper Ridge Landfill - (PDF - 255KB) - graphic - Bangor Daily News, June 2010.
For more information on Juniper Ridge Landfill, please see options below:
- Juniper Ridge Monthly Reports (includes status overview of major activities at the landfill
during the past month, waste deliveries, financial benefit
report and other records).
Reports are posted for a twelve month period. If you wish to obtain older reports please email your request to Michael Barden.
- February 2019
- January 2019
2018 Reports +
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
2017 Reports +
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- Juniper Ridge Annual Reports:
- Juniper Ridge Operating Services Agreement and related documents. Use drop down menu below to select document.
- Juniper Ridge Landfill - Virtual Tour (5.22MB PDF) Developed and provided by Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
- Location of Juniper Ridge (courtesy GoogleEarth)
- Assessment of State-owned Landfill Management and Oversight (PDF 3.02MB)
- Juniper Ridge Powerpoint (PDF 2.2MB) - Persentation to the Natural Resources Committee, June 2010.
- Maine Solid Waste Capacity Powerpoint (PDF 377KB) - Presentation to the Natural Resources Committee, June 2010.
- City of Old Town - Juniper Ridge Landfill and Landfill Advisory Committee Information
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection - Juniper Ridge Landfill
- More than a landfill - (Youtube)
Information will be added to this website as it becomes available.