City of Presque Isle
The City of Presque Isle is a sincerely welcoming environment where "down-home" hospitality is extended to neighbors and visitors alike. It is a service center community that enjoys the unique blending of small town character, urban conveniences and natural beauty. Presque Isle is filled with vibrant and dynamic residents who exude a pioneering spirit and consistently demonstrate dedication and commitment to their community.
Presque Isle has evolved into a regional service center for commerce, business, education, health care, air transportation and recreation. Residents throughout Aroostook County routinely travel to Presque Isle to shop, work and conduct business. Presque Isle possesses a strong educational system for all ages. MSAD #1 delivers quality instruction from pre-K to adult education and three area colleges (University of Maine at Presque Isle, Northern Maine Community College and Husson University) deliver a wide range of post-secondary opportunities.
Presque Isle offers a unique combination of neighborhood living with larger city options such as businesses, shopping centers and entertainment. This combination allows residents to have the best of both worlds; a "small-town" community with "big-city" amenities without urban sprawl and congestion. This, coupled with the pristine rivers, abundant wildlife and rolling countryside, creates a breathtaking vista to call home. The untouched natural beauty of the area is a draw to visitors from around the world.
Presque Isle at a Glance...
- Certified “Business-Friendly” by the State of Maine
- Vibrant and revitalized downtown
- Commitment to help businesses locate and expand
- Our “Come Grow With Us!” attitude
- The “Great Outdoors” at your door-step!
Name: Martin Puckett, City Manager
Name: Ken Arndt, Planning & Development Director
Highlights from the review Team
- City has undertaken steps to stabilize and reduce its tax rate
- Authorized a planning committee to guide and encourage community and economic development
- Recognize the importance of “time is money” by instituting a Site Design Review Process
- Proactively utilizes their Development Fund Loan money
- Developed the “Get Down to Business in Downtown Presque Isle” focused on revitalizing their downtown