Town of Poland
The Town of Poland is surrounded by five lakes and has been a resort area for over 200 years. Just west of Auburn, Poland can be accessed through Maine Routes 11, 26, and 122. The Town of Poland covers an area of 49.7 sq. miles and has a population of approximately 6000 year round residents with a school system that covers grades K-12. Home of the famous Poland Spring Inn & Resort and Poland Spring Water.
Our Community Development Committee will be focusing this year on a few smaller programs (including establishing an Adopt-a-Spot program) as well as continuing the ongoing work ofdesigning and implementing an action strategy for the Municipal complex development.
The Business Recruitment & Retention Committee will doggedly pursue prospective tenants or developers to settle in some of the available lots that line our new sewer and water systems within both village districts. We will also be reaching out to current businesses to assess their strengths as well as see what we can do to further address their needs as a town.
The Tourism & Promotion Committee will continue to develop a comprehensive branding of the town and market us as a historical community with an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities for tourists and locals alike.
What’s new in Poland...
Sidewalks have been installed along Route 26 from the Poland Regional High School to the Ricker Memorial Library.
CN Brown is finalizing plans to expand an existing gas station and convenience store.
Name: Zakk Maher
Phone: (207) 576-7945
Highlights from the review team:
- Poland Economic Development Committee is a positive
- Utilization of TIF’s to support businesses as well as long-term community growth
- Significant infrastructure improvements
- Strong collaboration with Oxford County Chamber of Commerce and the Androscoggin County Chamber of Commerce
- Letter from Poland Spring spoke to town’s quick and efficient assistance
- Quick turn around on licenses and permits