Town of Fryeburg
The Town of Fryeburg is ecstatic to be the first municipality in Oxford County to be designated as a Certified Business-Friendly Community and is excited to continue to grow our wonderful community.
We are nestled between the municipalities of North Conway and Bridgton, and serve as a major gateway into the State of Maine. Larger cities such as Lewiston, Auburn, and Portland are only an hour away. Eastern Slope Regional Airport is located right in Fryeburg allowing for air travel to and from Fryeburg. Our location makes Fryeburg a promising town to relocate both businesses and families; the quality of life for its citizenry is comparable to none.
Fryeburg’s beautiful setting hosts a variety of recreational opportunities to be enjoyed. Whether it is a quick walk up Jockey Cap, a bike ride on the Mountain Division Rail Trail, a canoe trip down the Saco River, an afternoon enjoying the water on Lovewell Pond or Kezar Pond, or just a scenic drive taking in the mountain views and picturesque agricultural land, we are sure you will find plenty to do in your spare time.
Fryeburg is also home to the Fryeburg Academy, an independent secondary school that has boarding students from around the world, but which is open to local students; the Fryeburg Fair, the Leura Hill Eastman Performing Arts Center, the annual Northern New England Home, Garden, and Flower show; and numerous other events and cultural opportunities.
Our existing business inventory is an interesting mix of trades. Hunting Dearborn operates a large manufacturing facility that specializes in precision machining. HarMac Rebar and Steel is a large rebar fabrication facility that originated in Fryeburg. Both of these companies employ many skilled manufacturing professionals. Farming and agriculture is also a booming industry in Town with large acreage being dedicated to the growing of corns, potatoes, beans, turf, and trees.
With all of this in mind, we are sure that you will agree that Fryeburg is a great place to consider developing your business. Municipal staff and business leaders are committed to a business-friendly, pro-growth economic strategy focused on growing our commercial and manufacturing base while preserving our enviable quality of life.
What's new in Fryeburg...
- Expansions ongoing and planned at numerous businesses, including Hunting and Green Thumb Farms
- Construction of an approximately 62,000 square foot elementary school addition at the existing middle school, which will also undergo renovations.
- Awarded funds to complete an environmental assessment of the soon to be vacant C.A. Snow School facility and research about potential future uses of the property.
- "Asset-Mapping" project in works-to be finalized mid-summer.
Highlights from the review team:
- Good collaboration and involvement with local, regional and state entities.
- Updated Comprehensive Plan and Land Use Ordinance
- Streamlined licensing and permitting processes
- Creation of an Economic Development Committee
- Informative document utilized- “A Guide to Doing Business in Fryeburg, Maine”.