City of Ellsworth
The City of Ellsworth is an exciting, growing and innovative City to live, work, and to visit. Ellsworth represents the best Maine has to offer for business, leisure and life. Ellsworth encourages, promotes, and supports growth and development of commerce.
Ellsworth is noted for being the fastest growing city in Maine. The heart of Downeast Maine, providing professional, recreational, cultural and retail services over 60,000 people in Hancock and Washington counties. When you ask yourself will the economy of Ellsworth prove to be a foundation whereby my business and family succeed? What are my business needs, both in retail and service industries? Will Ellsworth provide a high quality of life for families, as well as businesses? And will children receive a quality education? You will find Ellsworth can offer all of these opportunities and MORE.
Ellsworth is small enough to allow businesses to build customer relationships based on trust and friendliness and large enough to compete in the global marketplace.
Our “business friendly “approach and comprehensive assistance is available to businesses at every stage of development and growth, whether just starting up, expanding, or relocating to Ellsworth. Our services are designed to streamline doing business in Ellsworth and are free and confidential. Come and visit Ellsworth or take a quick trip on www.ellsworthmaine.gov and you will see a great opportunity for your business and family awaits.
Ellsworth at a Glance...
- Certified “Business Friendly” by the State of Maine
- First Atlantic 91 bed Healthcare Center approved and construction to begin October 2013
- 50th Annual Maine State Federation Firefighters Conventio
- Ellsworth 250th Sestercentennial celebration
Name: Micki Sumpter, Economic Development Director
Phone: (207) 669-6655
Highlights from the review Team:
- Successfully utilized TIF's and the CDBG program in support of infrastructure and economic development projects
- Significant efforts to proactively address business concerns regarding traffic issues and improving traffic congestion
- Strong relationship with its local chamber and together they have collaborated to develop programs aimed at skill enhancement and workforce development