City of Eastport
The City of Eastport welcomes you to one of the most innovative small cities in the United States. Eastport has huge advantages for companies looking to invest in the Northeast, including a deep water port, an innovative approach to business environment, a fantastic quality of life, and a committed and active government.
Eastport is home to the nation’s eastern and northernmost international cargo ports. At 64 feet of mean low water depth, Eastport Port Authority’s Estes Head Terminal is home to the deepest natural seaport in the continental United States.
Eastport is also home to the first wave power project in the United States. Ocean Renewable Power Company is the first commercial, grid connected tidal power project in the country, and the first ocean energy project in all of the Americas to deliver power to a public grid.
Eastport’s multi-purpose regional airport is a popular choice for private charters and corporate executives due to the presence of US Customs service for international arrivals and departures, weather reporting, self serve 100LL and JET-A aviation fuels and a well maintained runway.
Eastport’s revitalized downtown means business. Millions of dollars have been invested in the historic waterfront business district and public utilities. Favored by spectacular ocean views and 19th century architecture, Eastport prides itself on fresh, locally sourced foods, a cultural experience in all forms of art and entertainment, and four major annual festivals which have attracted national media attention.
The City welcomes new businesses with fast-track, one-stop permitting. Most new construction permitting takes fewer than 30 days, some permits in as little as seven days. Nearby Washington County Community College has a successful track record of working with employers to build customized training courses for an educated, quality workforce.
Vibrant, talented, innovative, and on the move, Eastport invites you to come for a visit and stay to work, invest, and live!
What’s new in Eastport...
- Over $16 million investment in 400-foot downtown pier for cruise ship and tourism operations
- First Certified Business Friendly Community in Washington County
- Recipient of
Highlights from the review team:
- Solid partnerships with local, regional and state entities regarding workforce development
- Utilization of State and Federal grant programs, in coordination with private investments, to revitalize the City’s historic downtown
- Many quality of life amenities including popular annual festivals
- Rapid growth of Eastport Port Authority a positive for City, region and State
- Straightforward licensing and permitting processes